1725 - B Crescent Lake Dr. Montgomery, IL 60538 (844)910-6100
The Archery Place will be holding a number of workshops for various subjects. Check back here often for new workshops that are offered and sign up as quickly as possible as space fills up quickly.
January 5, 2018
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Deadline to sign up is December 17th
USA Archery Level 2 Instructor Certification – Upgrade Course
The Level 2 Archery Instructor Certification Upgrade Course includes the Level 1 Archery Instructor Course refresher and provides students with an introduction to the National Training System (NTS) Steps of Shooting for recurve and compound, equipment and accessory setup, athlete development, events as well as qualifies Instructors to teach the Level 1 Archery Instructor Certification Course. Graduates of the Level 2 Archery Instructor Certification Course are well prepared to serve as the lead instructor for long-term archery programs such as Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD), Adult Archery Program (AAP) and Collegiate Archery Program clubs, as well as the Explore Archery Program. Level 2 Certification can lead to Level 2 Instructor / Trainer Certification that will allow for teaching others to become Level 2 Instructors.
Course Length: 8 hours (Dependent on class size. Larger classes may require more time)
Course Leader: Level 3 NTS Coach Kevin Helwig
Course Cost: $125
Certification Period: Three years from the date of course completion
- Current Level 1 Certified Instructor
- Minimum age is 18
- Current Membership to USA Archery*, National Field Archery Association (NFAA) or Archery Shooters Association (ASA)
- Current SafeSport Training
- Current USA Archery Background Screening
- Qualified to teach the Level 1 Instructor Certification Course
- Eligible to apply for Level 2 Instructor Trainer Certification
- Qualified to be the lead Instructor for an Explore Archery Program, JOAD Program, Adult Archery Program and/or Collegiate Archery Program Club**
- Eligible to receive USA Archery insurance coverage. See USA Archery Insurance page for requirements**.
*A Temporary, Recreational, and/or Youth Membership option will not satisfy the membership requirement.
**USA Archery membership required; NFAA and/or ASA membership will not satisfy the membership requirement.
You will be redirected to Eventbrite to register and pay online. Eventbrite fees will apply. There will be no refunds issued due to cost of materials plus the space and time required will close a portion of the facility for the day.